Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I've been reading Economist pretty regularly as I've subscribed to it. It's pretty much an interesting magazine, except that it seems very wordy but, its much better than TheNewPaper anyway, imo, of course there is a price difference, but it's worth a read.

Eddie Lampert, is compared to the Sage of Omaha, Warren Buffett. His life has definitely not been smooth and is an almost identical investor to WB himself, except that he runs the business he buys.

This guy, together with WB, and Benjamin Graham, has sort of given me another aspect on how to handle my next few investments. True, TA is a very powerful tool to analyse stocks and enter/exit prices but then again, future earnings and cashflow/liquidity is what keeps a company attractive, at its core.



I'm currently reading, "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham, which is really quite hard to understand with my current knowledge, but luckily there's commentary after each chapter. When I'm done, perhaps, I'll do a summarized review on it.

I think it'd be interesting if you could google on his Eddie Lampert and watch how he progress from his current bad patch. Afterall, he took home $1b twice a year for 2 occasions. =) I'm still finding my ground...... Any advice?

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online