Sunday, January 20, 2008

First and most important question, "WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING TO COME FROM?"

I think it's no hidden secret that US is in debt, is it not? Or was I led to think that way?

I've done a simple search online and I have my doubts to the stimulus package brought forward.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0314/p01s02-uspo.html

Quote "Today, the national debt totals $8.3 trillion, a level that could force Congress this week to raise the debt ceiling for the fourth time in George W. Bush's presidency." Unquote.

Today in this article, I believe, is the date stated at the top left hand corner of the page. 14th March 2006, 2 Years ago.

http://zfacts.com/p/461.html

There are figures but are they reliable? Nevertheless, it could just be a reference to the state of the debt. Just do a simple comparison in the debt that was incurred in the above article.

Year 2000 - about $5.7 Trillion
Year 2006 - about $8.3 Trillion
Year 2008 - About $9 Trillion.

Too far fetch an estimate? You decide.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080119/economy_stimulus.html

Quote, "Bush and the Democratic-controlled Congress are emphasizing their desire to work together as they rush negotiations on a short-term measure to prevent the economy from falling into recession."

Short term... hmmmmmm that sets me thinking but it's, at the end of the day, an effort on his part.

These are just my thoughts on the issue or can someone enlighten me on where does the $ come from when they are in debt?

1 comments:

QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

Another big give away by government.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online